Solved: 80 gigs disapeared from my laptops HD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

redkid

I have a tx1115nr HP notebook. I recently restored my laptop to factory state. I installed all my updates and bios already, but thing is instead of me have 120 gigs of HD space in total, i only have 28 gigs and only 6 of it free. I don't know what to do. Help would be greatly apreciated thnx.

When you did the restore what did you use? What kind of partitions did you set? When you go into Disk managment is there any drives there that are not enabled? These are just some things off the top of my head.

redkid

Well I used the restore disk it came with. The only partition it had was a restore hard drive, which basically resotres liek 6 gigs of w/e is there. When i go into device manger there doesnt seem to be anything missing. Im stumped on this one.

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
Go to Administrative Tools/ Computer Management/Disk Management and your disk should be shown with the rest shown as free space.
You can resize your disk to fill the free space.

redkid

o ok, i found the other 118gig lol. But uh how do i put them back? Thnxa lot im sure this will work. It says the 87 gigs are unallocated, so uh , how do i put them back?

NVM found out how. Thnx alot.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online