1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: 800MHz iBook G4 wont detect hard drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by spengh, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spengh

spengh Thread Starter

I'm not sure if there are Mac experts here or not, but I figured I'd give this a shot.

I was recently given an 800 MHz iBook G4 that supposedly had a bad hard drive. After I replaced the hard drive the computer still will not detect it.

Every once in a rare while, It will detect the Hard drive long enough to boot up, but it loses it before I can even finish registering the OS.

Any thoughts on what could be the cause of this?... any fixes?

2. spengh

spengh Thread Starter

well... It seems that the connector was losing contact, so all I had to do was add a sticky pad to the casing underneath to push up against it.

Problem Solved.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/778013