1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: 8GB DDR3 RAM for my VAIO VPCF115FM. Will it work?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ZebIra, Mar 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ZebIra

ZebIra Thread Starter

I don't know if this is covered in one of the stickies at the top, but I wanted to know if I can safely install 8GB RAM cards on my laptop? I'm not sure if this would overclock my system or not but i'm trying to just upgrade it generally so that it runs smoother with my DAW (FLstudio and Ableton) and my DJ software (Traktor pro S4). I'm looking into getting an SSD also. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

According to this document:https://docs.sony.com/release/specs/vpcf115fmb_mksp.pdf the maximum supported memory is in fact 8GB so you are good, depending on what you have in there now, you will need either one or two sticks of DDR3 4gb 1333Mhz. The SSD is a great upgrade, as far as which one you should get, it depends on how much you are willing to spend. If you keep all of the media on the system drive, it is going to cost you $$$$

3. ZebIra

ZebIra Thread Starter

I guess I should have been a bit more clear, I have a 4GB and a 2GB but I want to possibly install 2 8gb cards for a total of 16gb of ram. So if further modification is required, what might that entail?

4. CleaverX

CleaverX

Unfortunately Sony indicates that the MAXIMUM amount of memory that your laptop can use is 8GB, so you will need to replace your single 2GB with a matching 4Gb for a total of 8Gb.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!