Solved: a confusing hardware question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DogeatCAT

i think my hard drive is registering incorrectly. it says it's 6GB in some places and in others about 55GB. i'm not sure whats going on. help would be greatly welcome.

DogeatCAT

if i go to my computer and click on C: in the left box it says 6GB. if i right click my computer and go to manage it says 37GB +12GB for D: and 5GB for a unnamed volume.

DogeatCAT

well i gained 4.5GB because i couldn't get into one of the partitions so i deleted it and made a new one. but in the computer management screen it says C:= 37GB, but if i hit properties it says 6GB. i'm not sure what to do...

crjdriver

Post a screenshot of disk management. BTW your other screenshot is unreadable.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You need to crop the display to just the useful information, we don't need to see the whole desktop. Also, a shot of what Disk Management says about the file would be a lot more useful. I can see that you have your boot partition much too small for XP, 6gigs won't get it done.

DogeatCAT

sorry mabey this is better. i can't find microsoft photo editer. adn my posts will be slow cuz i'm grounded from PC so sorry. here's the new 1:)

Attachments

DogeatCAT

ok tell me how to make it bigger on "PAINT". i'm stumped.

BTW can i control what part of the hard drive boots?? u might be on to something....

DogeatCAT

ok ignore the tell me how to crop thing. just load the pic and click the + thing and it should enlarge it plenty. it worked for me. and it worked 4 both pics. :)

crjdriver

What you need to post is a screenshot of disk management. Go to start>run and type in "diskmgmt.msc" without the quotes. Post a shot of that. It will show the size of your disk and what partitions you have.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online