1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: A couple of Xbox live problems-Halo 2 Problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by mystic54, Jun 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mystic54

mystic54 Thread Starter

Just now getting Xbox Live for my Xbox (I know so late, better late than never), and have got a couple of problems. I bought the 12 month free subscription (includes game and headset). I got all the way to joining a game, but it keeps telling me no matter which I try that I don't have a certain map or something. I had already went and downloaded all the content avaible (3 map packs were downloaded by me). What else can I do, if I have already downloaded those three. I can even see those 3 map packs downloaded on my xbox harddrive if I explore the dashboard.

Finally, those map packs were free weren't they? Sorry if these have been asked before, couldn't find them searching the forums. Thanks as always to one of the best forums around!

Edit: I did put my actual birth date in when registering, and it said something about my parents having to confirm something, but nothing has been sent (I put my email down). Also when trying to login to Xbox live forums it said I wasn't old enough to play on Xbox Live, which is weird because it won't even let me get into the forums for help.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Check the documentation that came with the XBOX Live kit and contact Microsoft/XBOX (or at least one of your parents) and see if they can change it for you or give you permission to play.

3. mystic54

mystic54 Thread Starter

Well they have already given me permission to play, but its the fact that I don't know what to change is the problem.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    The XBOX Live should be able to tell you how to activate it.

5. mystic54

mystic54 Thread Starter

I really don't think it is that though. Whenever I try to join any game it says I do not have a map required by this server. What other maps could there be if, I have already downloaded all 3 map packs? Currently, I'm on hold (uggg) with microsoft about the issue, and the latest thing he asked about was my router and isp (linksys wrt54g and alltel). So maybe something will come out of that, but I don't think so.

6. saltydawgs

saltydawgs Account Closed

yea the age approval info goes over to xbox.com and live (yea i had the same problem)
    its funny, because it says it will ask for parental permission if your too young, but it never asks! :D :eek:

but, have you tried playing halo 2 on any of the normal maps? (maps that you did NOT download?)

ALSO, have you been able to play other game online? or do you only have halo right now?

7. mystic54

mystic54 Thread Starter

Well, the guy at microsoft told me to play another game online (so I started playing nfl 2k5 online fine), so he didn't know what to say after that worked.

When you say "but, have you tried playing halo 2 on any of the normal maps? (maps that you did NOT download?)", how can I do anything when I go into optimatch when it automatically selects a server for me? I haven't seen anything about selecting what maps I want to play on.

8. saltydawgs

saltydawgs Account Closed

well atleast you know its not a problem with the live service...
    you cannot select a map to play on in halo??

im guessing optimatch is set on 'auto connect' meaning it will automatically bring you to the closest game, but there definately is a way to choose a map that other people are playing on...if you find one, try using a map that came with the original game

9. mystic54

mystic54 Thread Starter

So your saying look around for an option that says don't auto connect to servers. I'll try that but in the mean time, please keep up the suggestions, I really appreciate the help guys! The tech support guy gave me a reference number of (1016285973) but I can't even find 1 thing about it searching for it using google.

Edit: Where exactly do I specify it to not auto connect? I just searched around halo 2's settings but couldn't find anything.

10. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I think the reference number is the incident number so when you call back and give them the number then they know what your problem is

11. mystic54

mystic54 Thread Starter

Ah, that's it, it was hard to understand him but thanks for clearing that up.

If I go to http://forums.xbox.com/14/ShowForum.aspx for help and try to post, it says, "You are not old enough to have an Xbox Live account". It's giving me that error, when all I'm trying to do is post for help?

12. Kramer55

Kramer55

You could access the hard drive on your Xbox, delete the downloaded maps, and re-download them.

Is the error you are receiving saying something like "You failed to load the map?"
    If that is the case, most older Xbox consoles give that error because of some conflict between the type of disc used for Halo 2, I believe.

13. mystic54

mystic54 Thread Starter

Well I am redownloading them now before you posted that, so I'll give an update when they finish.

Speaking of "You failed to load the map", its weird because like the 20 games I have tried to join most of them gave me the; you don't have the required maps on this server's playlist. One time I received "You failed to load the map" and wondered why I received a different error once.

So your saying I possibly have to buy a completely new halo 2 game to get this working? I just realized I might have my friends Halo 2 disc, because we swapped discs a couple weeks back after his didn't work mysteriously in his xbox but only in mine. While mine worked in both, so he swapped them, so I think he has mine.

14. Kramer55

Kramer55

It is usually not the game that causes the "Failed to load map" error, rather it is due to older Xbox consoles not being able to read a new type of disc used for Halo 2.

How old is your Xbox?

15. mystic54

mystic54 Thread Starter

No, no, no, way I am buying ANOTHER Xbox. My first one was in the batch of new xboxs upon released stop reading discs or produced an error any time you tried to load up a game. I think this new console is from not this last christmas but the one before that.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/478364

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice