1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: a problem while installing windows 7 on dell vostro !

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by thelionn, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thelionn

thelionn Thread Starter

hi all
    i am sorry if it is the wrong place for this question
    whatever

while i am installing windows 7 on my dell vostro laptop it asks me :
    where do you want to install windows ?
    and the box is empty no drives are exist !
    and there are two selections refresh , load driver
    when i click refresh nothing happens
    when i click load driver
    recive this window " to install the device driver needed to access your hard drive , insert the installtion media contaninig the driver files, and then click OK.
    note: the installtion media can be a floppy disk, CD,DVD, or a USB flash drive. "
    and there are 3 selection cancel , ok , browse i tap brows and choose " CD Drive (D:) windows 7 full 32/64bits the tap ok
    and i recive this " No device drivers were found.make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and the click OK.

so what kind of this problem is it that the Hard drive inoperative !!!!

2. mhd1360

mhd1360

Check if your computer could detect your hard drive in BIOS.
    If so, try to boot up from a WindowsXP CD and run command prompt, then format your HDD.
    Make sure you have a copy from all your data somewhere else, so that format will erase all your data.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1076880

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice