1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: A question on emails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by iaavagent, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iaavagent

iaavagent Thread Starter

I hope I ask this the way my wife asked me to. {quit laughing}.
    She uses Wxp home. When she gets an email with pictures and text sent to her in an email,it appears as if the sender originated it and shows just the senders address book of recipients My wife says she knows that the sender got it from someone else. She wants to know how to send it on to others without including the senders names of those sent to and just include her addressed recipients. I think this is getting sneaky!
    However is this clear as mud?
    Do you have to have a special program to do this or is there a procedure to follow. The person she receives from is doing this from a work computer and she{wife} doesn't want that person to know that she[wife} doesn't know how she does it! Oh boy!
    Thanks much!

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    what program does she use for email.
    1 way, you could save the attachments and then create a new mail and insert the pictures.
    also forward - you can edit the mail header

3. MightyQueenC

MightyQueenC

Actually, it's not so much sneaky as it is considerate. ;)
    When someone forward, forwards me e-mails with attachments I save the attachment and then send in a new e-mail message.
    Or
    Click forward (depending on your e-mail program) and then select > all the addresses you don't want to be sent > delete > then type in your own message.
    That way people you received the e-mail from's addresses are not been sent all over cyber-space.
    Carolyn :)

4. xgerryx

xgerryx

Totally agree
    And if you are sending to a number of recipients use BCC blind carbon copy.

5. brindle

brindle

Yep your wife is just being considerate. I also clean up the subject line so you don't see Fw:Fw:Fw: Fw:

6. iaavagent

iaavagent Thread Starter

Thanks all I'll pass this on to her. Her primary email is Yahoo,and sometimes OE.
    Dang,my wife is being considerate! Are you sure about that? I know,I know 10,000 comedians out of jobs and I'm trying to be funny!
    I'll be back if any more questions and or to request this to be marked solved.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274759

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice