1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: A silly outlook express e-mail question?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by swaneyjoe, Oct 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. swaneyjoe

swaneyjoe Thread Starter

Hi Anyone whom may have the answer!

I have been using Outlook Express for quite a few years. When wanting to create an e-mail, I have usually hit the new mail button. My ready to edit e-mail opens. I then click on address book to open it, then scroll thru the list and select the one to enter it the To box. It enters, then I proceed to type the message,etc.

I recetly acquired a new puter with WIn XP with also the latest version of outlook experss. Upon opening my mail to send and edit a mail, I noticed that just below the inbox,outbox,sent items, etc on the left collumn that there is already an address book showiing all my entries, etc. And in order to select a recipent, all I had to do was double click on the person, and new e-mail would open with the To already filled in with the intended recepient entered. I thought , How Cool! It saves a few moves from using the previous method of clicking on the intended recepient, then clicking the OK button to enter the recipent in the to Box.

Well! The other day I probably clicked on something I shouldn't have, and that new to me, handy feature had disappeared. Now, I have to use the old method of entering a recepient into e-mails. Can anyone tell me how to get that handy feature back?? I have searched thru express Help and also XP help and am not finding anything referring to that Feature, that has disappeared.
    Any Help would be appreciated!
    Thanks all!
    Swaney Joe..

2. stantley

stantley

Go to View > Layout, put a check in the 'Contacts' box.

3. swaneyjoe

swaneyjoe Thread Starter

Thanks Stantley..

Worked Find Business. I have never clicked on the layout, and didn't know what the options in it were! And besides, if I had, I would have never really known what the "Contacts" box was for! Not really being to computer savy, I never like to clidk on anything that I'm not sure what it does. Our Son that is a computer Tech, has always been close to help his Mom and Dad with these minor things. He has always lived only a cpl miles down the road, so we could always get help via phone, or He would come over. But He joined the Army a few months ago, and is no longer around to help us! So, we are on our own, and neither one of us are computer Gurus!:( So, if either one of our puters ever crashes Big Time, and we can't get on the internet for help, we are surely Up the Creek Big time. Guess I had better quite playing around and having fun, and crack a few books. But the only problem is, one can't even find any decent books for the laymen. We have always used win 98 and 2000, and I was more famillier with a few things, and could solve a few minor issues, but with all the added options in Win XP, and newer IE's its hard to keep up with, especially for us Dunderheads!!:)

Thanks again Stantley! You were a great help, and the rest of this fine group has been been also, since My Son has left with a few mino things that have went wrong!
    Thanks a MIL...
    Swaneyjoe

4. stantley

stantley

You're welcome. :) Since your personal computer consultant is not easily accessable, you can always post your questions on TSG. There are many knowledgeable people here that are always glad to help out.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/507763

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice