1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: A:// The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by **__**, Dec 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. **__**

**__** Thread Starter

After I startoff my computer from fresh and I go to Run via Start>Run and I insert a disk into the floppy drive A://, and I try opening the drive folder, I get an error message saying " A:// is not accessible. The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error." Then when I click OK and I try opening the folder again I get no error message. I only get the error message when I open the folder for the first time after the computer has been restarted. The second time I try without restarting the computer, works.

Why do I get the error message in the first place????????:eek:

2. sammysosa

sammysosa

This might apply:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811839

Are you running SP1? If not, you should check to see if there is a BIOS update which corrects this, or some setting you can change through the CMOS Setup utility to modify the PromoteLimit Value your system uses as the CPU moves into a deeper idle state. You might have to disable that setting completely before you can resolve this, but we won't know that until you research it.

Or, you might simply choose to live with it...

3. **__**

**__** Thread Starter

Never mind about this. It probably just was a hardware malfunction. I completely turned off the power to the computer, then I restarted it and now I DON'T get the problem anymore!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!