1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: A way to tune the volume on speakers even louder?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aXz, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aXz

aXz Thread Starter

Hey i have bought new speakers and bass, the bass its really loud, but i feel that the speakers could have done more.

Is there a way to turn it even higher? i have on 100 % on speakers, and windows..

pls :)

EDIT:
    I mean like, "hack" windows audio to like 500 % maximum something like that.

2. Cybershaman

Cybershaman

there is an app out there that I used once to punch up the volume higher but i can't think of it right now... :( i just remember it was free, small and you just had to throw it in your windows Startup folder.... i will dive into the depths of my backup directory... :)

3. aXz

aXz Thread Starter

Thank you! :)

4. Cybershaman

Cybershaman

as a little experiment...try this website with a test .mp3 and see if it help...

http://www.vloud.com/

other than that, i'm remembering now that i had a plug-in for WinAmp back in the day that boosted it's output.

and the app i was thinking of was actually for adjusting the output of your spdif output so i don't think that will help you out. plus, i'm curious why your bass output is at a great level but your primary speakers aren't. it might be time to post what kind of soundcard/speaker system/windows version you are running. :)

at any rate, try that site and see if that helps at all.

5. aXz

aXz Thread Starter

Nah, that site didnt really kick the bass i just want my speakers higher then windows standard, uhm. i use some soundcard thats already inbuilt on my Motherboard, REALTEK HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO. im happy with the bass as said i can turn it even louder with VLC, *bass* meh, if there really is nothing that could tune it louder its OKAY, the whoole house can hear me playing and the neighbours lol..

But would be cool to try that winamp plugin :)

6. BruinBeer

BruinBeer

Well, you can always use a program that have a 'gain' option. I use a free program called Mixxx that have the gain option and it work for me(I must say, I nearly burnt one of my subs so be carefull!

7. aXz

aXz Thread Starter

Well i did some googlin, and found some plugins that i could use, its louder and i like it. :) thanks for all the help :D

8. Cybershaman

Cybershaman

awesome! yep, that's what i did. i just couldn't remember the plugin name.

btw, we should rename this thread "how to make windows volume go to 11". heh, heh :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/888427

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice