1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] A7V on the fritz!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WarC, Dec 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WarC

WarC Thread Starter

I got a new A7V-266 mobo for christmas. Weee! Everything is fine and dandy. I then put my new system together, using all the old parts from the other one and my new mobo, case and powersupply. Everything goes ok. I turn it on....and...and...nothing. The Powersupply boots up, the system fans turned on, the LEDS on the cdrom,harddrive, and mobo all turn on, and then off, and then on again (except the mobo LED). The Harddrive spins up. The monitor displays a "no input received" as if its not plugged in. So I double check the connections, remove the soundcard and modem, and then try again. Same thing. I then switch the IDE cables around, but it still happens. Thinking maybe the video card is to blame, I tak out the Geforce 2 AGP and put in the Voodoo 3 PCI. Saaame thing. The mobo doesnt emit a loud shriek telling me the ram is unseated or the processor isnt connected like the stooopid manual says. I'm completely lost!

2. Rockn

Rockn

You need to set up the board for whatever CPU you have installed in it. YOu need to set up the clock multiplier for your CPU or nothing will happen. What type of CPU are you trying to install in it?

3. WarC

WarC Thread Starter

It came with a JumperFree mode. I forgot that part! ooops. At one point I took it off jumper free and set it all manually, Im running an AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1.33GHz.

4. Rockn

Rockn

Are your IDE cables on the board or drives backwards? The red stripe on the cable should be oriented to pin one on both ends.

5. WarC

WarC Thread Starter

That problemo is fixed now (The mobo was grounded on a stray case mount, so it wouldnt start up the processor) However, I did what you told me to do to change the boot sequence- It still doesnt work. I put it toi the last thing in the boot sequence, then I even turned it off, but it still says there is an invalid disk, but now it doesn't even power up the floppy to check (the LED on the front of the floppy is now totally dead, and it doesn't spin). I'm going to kill someone, soon. I want my Athlon working!!!!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62959

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice