1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Abnormal upload speeds from 1 computer

Discussion in 'Networking' started by aegyo, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aegyo

aegyo Thread Starter

SOLVED: http://i.imgur.com/XUrYX.png unchecked this one command, speeds are back to normal.... what a headache, thanks for taking time to read this even if you could not provide any help.

UPDATE: I moved the problem PC right next to the router/modem, and im still experiencing the same exact problem, i did a few tests and these were the results. I also took a wireless card from a working computer and transferred it to the problem PC.

Laptop wireless 3 feet away from router: 24 download, 6 upload
    Laptop Directly To modem: 63 download, 7 upload
    Laptop Direcrlt To Router: 55 download, 6.5 upload
    PC wireless 3 feet away from router: 24 download, 1 upload
    PC Directly to router: 35 download, 1 upload
    PC Directly to Modem: 63 download, 4 upload

I have 4 computers(1 laptop, 3 desktops) connected wirelessly to a Linksys WRT54gs v6 router(no 3rd party firmware) with an internet connection of 50mbps download and 10mbps upload.

From 3 of the computers i am getting consistent speeds of 24mbps~ download, and 10mbps upload, but the 4th computer is getting 24mbps download and 1mbps upload. The 4th computer is using a Linksys WMP54gs wireless adapter.

I just upgraded the internet speed today to 50mbps/11mbps, and the 4th computer WAS receiving proper download/upload speeds(for 5 minutes), but it has stopped doing so. The download is okay, but the upload just won't go past 1mbps. I speed tested the laptop right next to the 4th pc, and the laptop still consistently receives 24down/11up.

Also i have tried using an older router i have, that is flashed to ddwrt yet the same problem occurs.

I was planning on buying a new router to keep up with my new internet connection, but i want to figure out if i need a new wireless adapter for this PC as well.

edit: i also have tried disconnecting every PC except the 4th, and the upload is still staying at 1mbps

edit: Just installed a wireless card from one of the other PCs, same exact problem. getting 19 down, 1 up.... even though this same exact card, on another Win7 machine gets 11up(Asus PCE-n13)

edit: even my phone from the same spot as this PC gets faster speeds

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!