1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Absolute Figure

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by shillguy, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shillguy

shillguy Thread Starter

C2D / 2 GB / Win 7 / Excel 2007
    For example if cell A1 is 2 and A2 is 4, then in A3 their multiplication will show as 8. Now, what I would like is that cell A3 becomes the absolute number, and not a result. i.e not A1*A2 but should be read as 8, and that in case I delete A1 & A2, then still the result of 8 is displayed.

I would like to use the data which is the result of a function to become the final figure.

Thanks in advance.

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    You can copy and paste special as value for these cells after the calculations, else you'll have to use a macro that does the calculation for you

BTW Absolute is a mathematical term and not what your question implies

3. Bpierson

Bpierson

Highlight the entire Row A3 and select copy. Keeping RowA3 highlighted, select to paste, special, values. Then you can delete Rows 1 & 2.

4. shillguy

shillguy Thread Starter

Thanks a ton guys!!
    Keebellah & Bpierson you both have solved quite a dilemma I have been facing for quite some time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975566

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice