1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: abstract error?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tamilynn63, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tamilynn63

tamilynn63 Thread Starter

I am running a licensed version of free registry fix http://www.freeregistryfix.com/ and received an error after running it. Anyone know what "Abstract Error" would be referring to? :confused:

event viewer shows nothing. Only have one free support call and not going to use for this so any help would be appreciated.

thx

2. unbidden

unbidden

The program produced an error and the authors of the program want you to pony up some $$ for tech support. My suggestion is to rid yourself of thier problem by deleting their software.

3. haLcy.on

haLcy.on

That's not necessarily true, Microsoft won't help me 'cause my Windows disk says Compaq on it... (And Compaq won't help me, 'cause I need help with Microsoft software.)

4. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

5. unbidden

unbidden

I'm sorry to be blunt. But again, I'd run System Restore to a date prior to the problem, and then use a different registry cleaner. The product you downloaded is not a full version; you have to purchase the upgrade for full functionality....... Why bother?

6. tamilynn63

I am running a licensed version of free registry fix http://www.freeregistryfix.com/

The program is called "free registry fix" however, just like all the other registry fixer-upper's out there, it does the same thing. Scans and tells you what a mess you have and then wants you to pay to get the version that fixes. This one fixes the first 50 for free.
    I decided to give it a go and paid the 29 for it today. It is still called free registry cleaner, licensed or not.

Was better than going into the reg and fixing the errors, although this program does let you go to the exact reg. string and delete or other (totally free) for you experts out there.
    After installing it I received something called ab Abstract Error, one I had never heard of nor found on google search.
    I thought maybe the error was something someone had heard of, not convinced it is program specific.
    Now that I have elaborated on the situation, any other ideas?:rolleyes:

thanks ozrom, I will check that link you provided (actually I saw that link and lots to do with Java so I figured it was internally Java)

7. tamilynn63

:p ;)

Many a time I had that with my HP Pavil and I made a point to skip HP on next PC because I could not stand HP support which went thru Texas on its way or via India or another country and if you have to talk to them on the phone you are in big trouble. I needed to just give them a cc# to guarantee return of RA and it took 20 minutes to understand what they were saying.

So, my next PC what did I get? I bought a Compaq, remember, I was not going through HP due to their support!

:p :p :p Joke was on me for sure. HP supports Compaqs. Imagine my surprise when I had to call them to replace my DVD drive that was doa.

8. unbidden

unbidden

The abstract error is probably due to the cleaner removing a needed file for a given program. What we need to do is find that program and repair/reinstall it.

By the way, does Free Registry Fixer have the option to reinstall what the program has removed?

Did you try a System Restore to a point before the trouble began?
    You can always re-install your paid for Free Reg.

Is there any other information you can post here concerning the error? IOW, the complete error message; post a screen shot of the error if possible.

9. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

I do not think tamilynn63 understands something here. This error is not one that there is a standard fix to and it is going to have to go thru some research and development stages basically because no body here has seen it before, if somebody has seen it they sure would have posted a fix for it. So I am asking you to calm down and have a little patience and making your point is ok but just be a little more soft with the Capital letters things. I am trying to do some research on this myself and will get back as soon as I find something out.

10. tamilynn63

Thanks for your help. I did finally email the company and you are correct, ozrom1e, there was a lot involved and it was program specific. Problem fixed .

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482563

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice