Solved: AC'97 Audio CODEC problem on older computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DumbComputer

I have an older computer (running 98SE) using an 'ABIT VH6' motherboard with onboard AC'97 Audio CODEC sound. In the past, I had downloaded the driver but once installed, there was no sound. I did so again just now, and again there's no sound.

What could be the problem?

Have you checked out the mute settings in your volume controls?
Also you will need an audio connection from your CDROM to your MB if you're using W98.
Also make sure you remove the drivers, reboot and then reinstall them - W98 likes a lot of rebooting when installing etc.

DumbComputer

Nothing's muted... and I do have the cable running to the motherboard.

Which drivers need to be uninstalled? I think before I installed the AC'97 one, there were no audio drivers... but I will check.

EDIT: No, it's the only audio driver to my knowledge.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Did you install the motherboard drivers for that board?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online