1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Access 07 error - 'the report name '?' you entered in either...

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by cxpmgr, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cxpmgr

cxpmgr Thread Starter

I'm not too accustomed to Access and here's my situation. I had an Access 2000 database which I converted to an Access 2007 database. I changed some information (names) within the tables, queries, and forms, and even changed the name of a report. Everything seems to be working fine, except when I try to open one of my reports through the forms pop-up box, I receive this message "'The report name '?' you entered in either the property sheet or macro is misspelled or refers to a report that doesn't exist." I can open and review the report through the navigation pane, but not through the pop-up box. I've already changed the Record Source name to the new name, but still receiving that message. I have another report that opens just fine through the pop-up box, but I didn't change that name.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

2. OBP

OBP

cxpmgr, welcome to the Forum.
    I do not have Access 2007, so I can only suggest that check that the Report name in the VBA code or Macro is spelt exactly the same as the Report itself.

3. cxpmgr

cxpmgr Thread Starter

As I stated I'm not too familiar with Access and didn't create the database. There are no macros. I have no clue on how to locate the VBA codes. Could you assist me with locating the VBA codes? Thanks.

4. karlhaywood

karlhaywood Account Closed

Open the database and press alt+f11 this will open the VBA editor all the forms and reports are displayed down the left hand side, check through everyone and makesure the names of the reports in the code are the same as the report name.

5. cxpmgr

cxpmgr Thread Starter

Thanks OBP and karlhaywood!!! Problem resolved!!!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974281

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice