Solved: Access 07 Report Numbering

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ckphilli

Getting my butt kicked here, I'd appreciate any help.

I need to add a field in a report to show a voucher number. It needs to start at a certain number and +1 everytime the report is ran. Not talking records here as every google search I've found deals with records.

Example: I run the report today and the field says it is 33. I run it tomorrow and the field says it is 34.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

You need to store the last number used someplace.

Are you current storing the last number used?

ckphilli

You need to store the last number used someplace.

Are you current storing the last number used?
No, haven't been yet. I've been trying to make vb work to take the starting number, add 1 and save over the last. So that I don't build a number list that isn't needed. Does that make any sense?

ckphilli

For the folks that viewed and wanted a solution...I solved it!

Here's how...
1) make a table w/ your starting number
2) in my case I have a form to select dates of the report... add a text box that pulls from #1(above)
3) add 1 line of code for the submit button: me.whatever = whatever + 1

Each time you submit, the report adds 1 to your starting number and saves...so it keeps moving as I needed. No extra data, no unneccessary spaced used.

note: me.whatever is the space you are working in; in "whatever + 1" whatever is your table column from #1.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online