Solved: Access 2000: Finding Identical Items In Two Tables

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

crusader2

I need to find identical items in two different tables within the same database. I have created a relationship between the two tables but Access does not make it easy to see how to query to find the similar items, only the differences between tables.

What is the best way to extract the identical items from linked tables?

Thanks in advance!

Anne Troy

Anne
Sorry, could you clarify?

What do you want to do with duplicates? (Keep one? Trash all?)
What do you want to do with uniques?

crusader2

My apologies. I have two tables in a Access 2000 database. I want to find the uniques from Table A that are also in Table B.

What I want is to export the duplicates between the two tables (as opposed to finding the duplicates within one table).

Does that help? Thanks!

Dreamboat said:
Sorry, could you clarify?

What do you want to do with duplicates? (Keep one? Trash all?)
What do you want to do with uniques?

crusader2

I think I figured it out! There weren't any duplicates and I was doing it right.

Thanks anyway! :D

crusader2 said:
My apologies. I have two tables in a Access 2000 database. I want to find the uniques from Table A that are also in Table B.

What I want is to export the duplicates between the two tables (as opposed to finding the duplicates within one table).

Does that help? Thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online