SOLVED: Access 2000 new prob with subform totaling

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

deanziegler

i recently had to use the Abs() function in subform subtotal controls due to the fact that i had to seperately total 3 different types of denoted data within the subform records S,P, & R

=Abs(Sum(([pt]="S")*[tpart]))
=Abs(Sum(([pt]="P")*[tpart]))
=Abs(Sum(([pt]="R")*[tpart]))

Well this worked fine and i get my 3 seperate totals unfortunately i just noticed that if i have a record with a negative value (a credit to the invoice) the Abs function is turning everything to a positive value arggggg ... now how do i get around this and still keep my ability to seperately total each type of record in the subform see'ins how the abs() is the key to the seperate subtotaling, without the abs the control wont work properly.. helppppp!!

Anne Troy

Anne
/off topic

WHO are you working for, Dean?
Self or employer?

PS: We can STILL make bingo at the firehouse. LOL

/topic

deanziegler

Well after i tried everything i could think of i finally changed
This:
=Abs(Sum(([pt]="R")*[tpart]))
To This
=Sum(Abs([pt]="P")*[tpart])
and it works correctly now, seems like I had the ABS function in just the wrong place, makes a big difference in displaying correct negative and positive values when absolute value is always a positive number, i needa go back to school for a math refresher
ps i still need help on how to mark a post {solved} Thanks!

deanziegler

opps sorry ...i didnt know that .. i just wanted to follow rules i thought i saw in someone elses post thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online