1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Access 2003 Permission Problems

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by snowy665, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowy665

snowy665 Thread Starter

Hi i am currently working on access 2003 and the problem is that whenever i try and change permissions for the admin user ,which is the one it signs me in on by default, it doesn't let me because the admin has no permissions! After 10 minutes of setting permissions for the various users i have it seems to have wiped them all including those of the original default admin and i can not do anything to my database now it has effectively locked me out please please please someone message me back asap thank you.

2. snowy665

snowy665 Thread Starter

someone suggested repairing the software with the original installation disk would this work?

3. snowy665

snowy665 Thread Starter

i've tried importing the everything to a different database where the permissions aren't messed up, it moved all the tables and queries because the admin group had permission but it wouldn't move any of the forms, reports or macros because the admin group had no permission for it!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1022193

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice