Solved: Access 2003, Switchboard Troubleshooting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rgnbull

Hi! I created a switchboard for my new database using the Switchboard Manager, however, when I view the form it says "There are no items for this switchboard page". I've created switchboards before, but this is the first time I've seen this error. Please help!

OBP

Normally I can help with Access, but I never use Access Switchboards. I always use a Simple "Unbound" Form with Command Buttons to make the actions happen.
If you are not sure "Unbound" means that the form does not have a "data source" like a Table or Query. It starts off life as completely Blank.

I agree with OBP. The Access switchboard is clunky. You can use the Tools\Startup... to bring up your 'new form'

Again, have to agree custom forms, better then Switchboard.

However, if you want to use switchboard, do you have any items on the switchboard, or can you not even access the switchboard?

Rgnbull

Thanks everyone for your advise! I created custom forms for the switchboard and it works beautifully!

Good Move! that switch board moves underneath you when you don't want it to. And if you going to do maintenance on something do it on something you can fully control.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online