1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Access 2007, Find Not Working on Form, OBP

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ginaw, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ginaw

ginaw Thread Starter

I would like the Find option to be available in my database for all records. The option is not available when I reopen the database. Only during the current session of entry.

When I try to create a Find Record combo box, no records are displayed. Is there a way that I can do a search on all records within the database not just the current session?

2. Rockn

Rockn

Just because you create a combo box doesn't mean it will filter anything. You need to create a query that is based on the combo box on your form using it as the criteria. Display that query in a sub form or a listbox. Using the combos afterupdate event requery the subform or list box.

3. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

See my comment on your Duplicate Post.

4. ginaw

ginaw Thread Starter

Rockn,

Thanks, but it was a simple change of property setting from Yes to No on Data Entry on form.

5. Rockn

Rockn

I am not sure why you would make a search form capable of data entry?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1040228