Solved: Access 2007 Query: Return count of "Yes" and "No" values for Analyst/Report M

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Pyrofeline

I recently built a call log database in Access 2007 for my team to use when calling agents on our top errors we see from a vendor's error report. My boss is requesting a report to see how many items have been resolved

I have a query started and I am trying to complete this task in a single query (if possible) instead of several queries (as I've done for a couple other things).

I have 3 tables I'm using: Assignment, AgtInfo and CallLog
Joins as follows: Assignment.st=AgtInfo.agcy_st
AgtInfo.agt_id=CallLog.agt_id

Fields in the results: Assignment.assigned_analyst, CallLog.rpt_mnth, CallLog.resolved

Resolved is a yes/no field. I've done a query that converts the -1 to a 1, so that the sum is a positive number for the "Yes" values. I'm not sure how to enter the expression to subract the "Yes" values from the total number of values (yes/no) to get to my "No" count.

Essentially, I'd like the results to display as:

assigned_analyst, rpt_mnth, CountYes_resolved, CountNo_resolved

Somehow the connection is just not clicking in my brain with everything I've read though searches. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

OBP

It is easier to add another column to counf the Nos, use
0 or is null
as the IIf statement and use a 1 to count them

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online