Solved: Access 2007 Record Source Not Keeping Changes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

computerman29642

I have a database that was built in Access 2003. I am now working on Access 2007.

When I open a report in design mode, chnage the record source query, and save the report. The changes to not take. When I open the report back up, the record source information converted back to the original information.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

OBP

Have you checked the MS website for problems running Access 2003 & 2007.
Do you still have Access 2003 installed?

Have you tried changing the report using "Save As" with a different name?

computerman29642

I am not running both on the same machine. I am only running Access 2007.

I figured out what the problem. When I opened the property screen of teh report, and clicked the '...' button next to the record source I was closing the property screen. I left the property screen open, made the changes, and saved the report. The changes were still there when I opened the report.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online