1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Access 2007 Switchboard & Access 2010 Navigation Form

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by WT1059, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WT1059

WT1059 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I've developed a database in Access 2010 and am using the Navigation Form for users to access the different forms and it's working very well. The problem is we still have some workers who are on Windows XP boxes with Office 2007 and the Navigation Form won't work for them. I've been asked to develop an Access 2007 Switchboard which will mimic the Navigation form so there is some continuity between them and so that once all the systems have been upgraded the users willbe familiar with the interface. I easily designed a form with the look or the Navigation Form but haven't been able to figure out how to handle opening the different subforms on the one main form. Is it possible to place an Unbound Frame on the form and with a click of a button open a subform in the Frame or have a button just open a subform? How would that be coded?

Thanks for your assistance

2. OBP

OBP

I am a bit confused because Subforms normally open when a mainform opens.
    I am not familiar with the Access 2010 navigation form so I am not sure what you are trying to do.

3. WT1059

WT1059 Thread Starter

Ok, I was able to figure it out after all. First for those not familiar with the Access 2010 Navigation form it's a lot better than the old switchboard. Here's an example of one from a Gardening database I wrote.

[​IMG]

So the buttons on the top in Access 2010 give a different set of buttons along the left side allowing a different set of Subforms to open in the center. I was able to mimic this by creating a form that looks the same. The buttons along the top when clicked will close the current form and open the new form. The buttons along the side change use

Me.Child1.SourceObject = "frmFormName"

to change the form currently in the Subform frame. Works like a charm :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1120291

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice