1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Access 2007, Transferring Data

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ginaw, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ginaw

ginaw Thread Starter

I created a database with a subform and would now like to transfer a table into the dbase from a previous dbase. There is a One to Many relationship established between two tables and the data is to go into the child table. Referential integrity between the two tables has been established.

My subform will not refresh now that I have added the new table. It updated fine when the child table was empty. All relationships are still in tact.

Is there a way to get my subform to update?

2. karlhaywood

karlhaywood Account Closed

Check the master/child links

also some vba to refresh the subform:

me.subformname.Requery

3. OBP

OBP

If you have referential Integrity set in your relationship it may be stopping the subfrom working.
    Can you post a screen shot of your relationships and an example of some data.

4. ginaw

ginaw Thread Starter

Thanks to you both for responding. I sorted out the problem. I needed to create a Macro to refresh the subform and this took care of it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974701

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice