1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Access 2007 YES/NO field with time/date

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by msharper, Jun 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. msharper

msharper Thread Starter

The company I work for has asked me to work with the DB (as you may well guess in this economy I now have to learn how to work with Access DB. This DB was created by someone who had a book “Access 2000 for dummies” in 2002, I have since then converted the 2000 DB to 2007 accdb format. That being said, in a form that is used to track records-TS# is the primary key, they want a YES/NO or actual name- Completed *check box for yes and blank for no*. I created the check box as you may know that was easy enough. The problem comes in when I go to the next record the box remains in whatever state it was on the previous record and does not show up anywhere else. I am sure this is likely because there are steps that I am omitting or not aware of. Any help offered would be amazing as I continue to work on this train wreck.

-Mike

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Mike, the Check Box field has to be in the Table that the Form uses as it's Record Source. The Check box has to be "Bound" to that table's field, i.e. it's "Contorl Source" of the check box in design view must be the table field.

3. msharper

msharper Thread Starter

Fantastic! That was the issue and such a simple fix. I dont see how I missed it. Thank you for your help!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1002786