1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Access 2010: Button to Copy Current Record

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bsimon, Mar 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bsimon

bsimon Thread Starter

I posted a while ago about an Access database I was working on to help better organize our IT department. Long story short, it's pretty good for the time being, but there are a few things I'm still trying to work out to make data entry easier.

In particular, I have a new order form that adds records for each line item in a purchase order. At times, I have multiple items that are going to the same location with the same order number, order total, order date, user assigned, business unit charged, etc.

It would be extremely easy to fill out the form at the beginning of one of these orders and simply click a "Copy Current Record" button which would duplicate the record to a new one where I could then modify the few things that I'm required to (e.g., Product ID).

[​IMG]

I've already got an "Add New Record" button that we can use to start with a new record built from some out-of-the-box functions in Access.

[​IMG]

Any ideas for an easy "copy current record to new record" button I can add to help speed things up?

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

On the New Button Wizard select "Record"> Duplicate.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1121865

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice