1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Access 2010 form not displaying query

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Hello_World, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hello_World

Hello_World Thread Starter

I'm sure this is an easy fix but I can't seem to find it. I just have a form, that will be a subform of another, that needs to display the results of a query.

The query is simple enough, just displays all fields of records that fall between specified dates. The query works great, but when I attach it to the form as its record source it doesn't display the data. I can see the correct amount of record selectors so I know its understanding the query but its as if all fields are hidden!

I have also tried building a query to the forms record source that was simply Select query.* From query. Oddly I have had this working before but I had to specify every field. What I mean is:

Select title From query
    Select type From query
    Select date From query ...

And so on for all the fields but this seems foolish, can anyone think of what I may be doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance!

Edit, forgot to mention I also tried the foolish solution that I mentioned above and it didn't work so its definitely some issue that I'm not seeing, some property that's probably not appropriately set

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Do you have Master?Child links to the Mainform that is over-riding the Query results?
    Is the Subform's Record Source just the Query, no select form etc?

3. Hello_World

I have tried the form that is to be the subform, its record source has been qryRecordsFilter,
    Select qryRecordsFilter.* From qryRecordsFilter;

and also the redundant:

Select title From qryRecordsFilter;
    Select type From qryRecordsFilter;
    Select date From qryRecordsFilter;
    ..all fields

Nothing works in this database but all work in a test database that I was using to test features. The thing that really gets me is that is that the forms are displaying the correct number of record selectors but all the fields are either hidden or just not being displayed for some reason. THIS IS DRIVING ME INSANE! :confused:

4. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Does it work as a stand alone form, ie when not on the Main form?
    Check that you haven't got anything set to Visible = "No"

5. Hello_World

No it does not even even work as a standalone form in this database, yet in the other database all the methods I mentioned work perfectly.

As for the Visible setting where would that be located, I cant see it, but I haven't altered it i just opened a default design form and have been playing with the record source propriety.

6. Hello_World

So it turns out even though I using a query that holds all the fields it will not display the content unless you go to the Add Existing Fields and add all the the fields you want to see. This seems really silly especially when the results in the query but at least its working now.

7. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Didn't you use the Form Wizard to create the form?
    It adds all the fields for you.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1061453

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice