Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Access 2010, forms won't open

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Margo12 
#1 ·
I have experienced this recently in several databaes. A single form will suddenly quit opening. If I click a menu button or if I open to the forms list and click on it there, it won't open and the whole database pulses like it is wanting to give me an error message. I find that if I open the form in design mode then switch to form mode only will I be able to use it. I have closed and reopened the program, I have created new buttons, and tried renaming the forms but the problem persists.

#2 ·
I have looked at this issue and it appears that for some a button using VBA will work where a button with a Macro won't.

Have you tried the VBA option?

Have you tried splitting the database to see if that makes any difference?

#4 ·
Have you checked the Record Source for the form?
Does it start with "Select"?
I have noticed that the Access 2007/2010 Form Wizard does not use the pure record source that you select, instead it creates an SQL statement in the form's record source which I have found can cause all sorts of problems.

#5 ·
The problem persists even if I go directly to the form and click on it to open it. That is what is strange. I ended up deleting the form and recreating it, which is fine, but I wanted to understand what may have caused it. I already deleted the form so the event procedure is gone - sorry, but I can tell you that when I went to delete the form, I got an error message saying I couldn't delete a form that was open. It wasn't open - but I had to open it in design mode from the form list, then change it to form mode, and THEN I could delete it. It appears that the database interpreted the form as open when it wasn't. I've had this happen in several databases now, so I'm thinking that I am doing something to cause it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.