1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Access 97 Form Q

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by sle, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sle

sle Thread Starter

I made my form (combining info from related tables in a database), but I can't actually enter data into it. :confused: I can enter data into the tables, and that's reflected in the form, but I can't actually use the form for data entry. I looked at the properties of the form in Design View, but nothing jumps out as the answer. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or give me a direction to look in? Thanks.

2. ransford

ransford

Can you type into the form?

if you can,

what does it say in the status bar when you try and move to an other record or close the form?

What is the relationship between the two tables that you are using as data source?

3. sle

sle Thread Starter

Hi, ransford. Nope, can't type into it at all. Even the "add record" button's greyed out. I'm messing around with it, tho, and I can create enter-able forms for the individual tables. This says to me that your q about relationships is dead on - I'm defining something incorrectly. And here I thought I understood Access. :D Well, I'll keep plugging away. If you can offer any help w.lookups, that'd be great. Can't seem to get the hang of it. If not, that's cool, too. Thx!

4. ransford

ransford

Post a copy of your db (take out sensitive data) and I will have a look.

5. sle

sle Thread Starter

Hey, thx for the offer! I actually figured - well, I wouldn't say figured. But I got it working! :D Also got the lookup wizard working for the master data entry form. I'm trying to figure out one last glitch with the addresses, which I'll post later as a separate Q if I can't figure it out. Thx again - I know Access Qs can be a pain.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330120

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice