{SOLVED} Access: ActiveX Calendar Date Shows "Long Binary Data"?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bissr

I have been trying to build a database using MS Access. However, I have encountered a problem that I have no idea how to resolve. In one of my forms I have used an ActiveX Control (MSCAL.Calendar.7) so that my users are able to select what we call a project start up date. This seems to work well, however, I cannot get that same date they select to appear in my table, must less a query.
In my table the words "long binary data" appear. How can I get this date to read into my table so that I can start building my queries for my reports?
(There is also no way that I can see to edit the calendar. You cannot double click it nor right click to go in and view the code for it.)
Help!!!

Anne Troy

Anne
My Access skills are way bad to unbelievably bad. And I know about one (yes, one) Active-X control and it just happens to be the calendar one!

And I know of one really common problem regarding dates in Access. Everybody formats that field in their table as TEXT and expects it to work as a date. VERY common problem. Check it out, okay? Otherwise, if YSB doesn't get his rearend in here quick enough, we'll have to page him on the BATPhone.

Stick around! Let us know your findings and whether you still need help.

Anne Troy

Anne
Honest to gawd, no kidding, here's what it said:

Thanks a Million...
It worked!
This is the best Monday ever!!!

I can see that the rest of you are as awestruck as me. Marking yet another problem {SOLVED} at TSG!!

Dah-dah-da-daaaaahhhhh!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online