1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Access, Calculated Fields, OBP?? Anyone?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ginaw, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginaw

ginaw Thread Starter

I have a fully functioning dbase with the last Calculation that I cannot work out.

I am attaching a sample Dbase to help w the explanation.

I would like the Bonus Total to reflect all Totals. After totaling rate and standby total, I then want to choose my services and total out the Services total and refresh the Bonus Total with all of the updated info. I have stared merciless at this and tried several ways to make this happen.

I am slowly going mad. This is the last calculation then I am finished with this but have gone blank.

If anyone can help me, I would appreciate it.

As you tab through the dbase you will see that the Base rate is divided by 2 to get the standby rate and this reflects automatically in the Bonus Total in the top half of the dbase. Then you progress to service selections and the total is reflected upon pressing enter in the Services Total. This Total is what I want added to the existing Bonus Total that is calculated in the top of the dbase.

Sorry if I am repeating myself.

Anyone?

Attached Files:

2. OBP

OBP

Bonus total has the calculation =[cboRateTotal]+[cboStbyRateTotal]+[cboServicesTotal] as it's control source.
    Once you do that you can no longer change the value using VBA.
    So the answer is to replace the =[cboRateTotal]+[cboStbyRateTotal]+[cboServicesTotal] with the VBA version.
    So either set the control source to nothing or make it a field in the table.

3. ginaw

ginaw Thread Starter

Thanks OBP! You made perfect sense. Problem has been solved.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1036771

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice