1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Access - Combo Boxes

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Dreambringer, Jan 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dreambringer

Dreambringer Thread Starter

Ok this is related to my last question about Combo Boxes.

I figure it is probley going to work similar, but I am not sure how I can get this to work.

Is it possible, actually more so how would I go about changing the list in a combo box based on the selection of an option in another combo box.

i.e.

4 Differnt Combo Boxes.

1- Office
    2 - Rule
    3 - email address
    4 - fax numbers.

The first box, lets say I would select Austin, when I select Austin, it would give me the differnt rules for Austin, then once I selected the rule, it would give me a list of email address assosicated with that rule, and finally when I select the email address, it would give me a list of fax number assosicated with the email address?

I figured its it going to work very similar to the way I updated the, working with the "After update" but I am not sure how to point the next box to differnt lists.

I hope I am making myself clear as to what I am asking form.

Thanx in advance.

2. cristobal03

cristobal03

3. OBP

OBP

The simple way is to have the second combo's query criteria based on the first combo's selection and just requery the second query in the after update procedure of the first query.

4. Dreambringer

Dreambringer Thread Starter

Thanx! Got it!! :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437429

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice