1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Access criteria multiple queries into one report

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by mkraus04, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mkraus04

mkraus04 Thread Starter

I have multiple different MTD Queries for statistic reasoning. In these queries I convert the date into the format to mmmm/yyyy and have the criteria for the user to enter the month/year

Doing this when I create my reports (using subreports) I am getting multiple parameter value popups. I am looking for a way to have the parameter value popup once either with changing my queries or adding a module any ideas would help Thank you

2. OBP

OBP

I would suggest that you would be better off just using one query with the Month/Year in in it and then use the Report's Group By function on the Month/Year field to split them in to sections or even per page.

3. mkraus04

mkraus04 Thread Starter

I have about 20 different queries that are compared to eachother in different ways which could easily over lap

4. OBP

OBP

Can they be grouped?
    Can you show how the they are different and what comparisons are being made?

5. mkraus04

mkraus04 Thread Starter

The concept behind the database is showing each staff members phone system numbers vs the rest of the department and also showing by group, We have 13 staff and they are split into 2 different groups one with 10 and the other with 3
    We have 2 Phone system tables which has to be divided into 2 different tables since one part can have multiple records for one day.

each table I have queries for
    All staff by day
    all staff averaged
    All staff summed

By Groups by day
    By groups averaged
    By Groups summed

6. OBP

OBP

Do you have a separate Report for each Query?
    Which Criteria requires the Multiple Pop Ups?
    As you can place the Criteria on a Form rather than using Pop Ups.

7. mkraus04

mkraus04 Thread Starter

They requested to have them kinda side by side so they can see what they do vs group vs department
    so i was thinking that i would do sub reports and then i ran into the issue of getting the multiple popup asking the same thing; where all i want to do is enter once the month/year

8. OBP

OBP

Use a form to enter the Month Year and then use that as the Criteria using the Format
    forms![formname]![fieldname]
    in the Criteria Row, where formname is the name of the form and fieldname is the name of a field containing the required month/Year.

9. mkraus04

mkraus04 Thread Starter

it doesnt seem to match correctly

10. mkraus04

mkraus04 Thread Starter

I think i just got it to work right!!!! THank you

11. mkraus04

mkraus04 Thread Starter

Will this work when you only want 2 of the 3 sub report tobe filtered by the month/year and you want the main one to be running like ytd....

12. OBP

OBP

Yes it will work, but you may need to make some changes to the query criteria.

13. mkraus04

mkraus04 Thread Starter

Thank you!!!!

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083724

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice