Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: access database

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Cookiegal 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have an access database.

I decided to make a mde file with it out of curiousity. It has now taken my database and password protected it. I never set any password and as such cannot get access to the database.

It has taken my user name from my login, but it is not using my login password.

Does anyone know how I can override this, or reopen an older version of the database.

Thanks

#3 ·
Hi,

I used the Tools, Database Facilities, Make MDE File on my access database. Now I have found that it is asking for a password everytime I open MS Access with any database even the northwind database.

I haven't set a username or password so I'm very confused by this. It is taking my PC login username but not accepting any of the passwords.

Has anybody encountered this problem before? Or know how to solve it?

It won't let me open any MS Access Database!

Thanks

#4 ·
I could have sworn I replied to this yesterday. ;) Try using a blank password. It typically sets up the accounts with no password if you did not specify one. Also when making the MDE file it typically leaves the original database the way it was. You should still have the original database on your PC somewhere.

#6 ·
Eh, Are you trying to open the file instead of the application initially? Did you setup a rights and permisions file by going through the wizard?

#7 ·
No, when I open access it come up with the usual dialog box, selected file or create new one.

I cannot open any file or for that matter create a new one.

To my knowledge I haven't set up any rights or permissions. Is there any way of checking these If I have.

I have created any passwords that is what has stumped me!

Thanks

#8 ·
No, when I open access it come up with the usual dialog box, selected file or create new one.

I cannot open any file or for that matter create a new one.

To my knowledge I haven't set up any rights or permissions. Is there any way of checking these If I have.

I haven't created any passwords that is what has stumped me!

Thanks

#9 ·
I could have sworn I replied to this yesterday. ;) Try using a blank password. It typically sets up the accounts with no password if you did not specify one. Also when making the MDE file it typically leaves the original database the way it was. You should still have the original database on your PC somewhere.
Yep Jim, and I read it: http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/676895-big-mistake.html

Timmy, don't double post. It violates the rules of the forum, confuses people and irritates them - after all, Jim was answering the other one, now he is in this one. Which is the one to continue in? What if someone else answers the other?

I see you are fairly new here...we all make some mistakes, just learn not to do this again.

#14 ·
I've merged them both here but I'm going to have to close this and we no longer assist with password issues since we can't determine the actual situation or intent.

Please refer to the forum rules:

Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with forgotten passwords and/or bypassing them. As there is no way to verify the actual situation and/or intentions, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.