1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: ACCESS: Email pic from Access database

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by scottwallace, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. scottwallace

scottwallace Thread Starter

Hello All,
    Our company had a photo booth with an F-35 fighter jet at a recent technology show. Individuals were allowed to have there pic taken in front of the aircraft with a pretty model. Now I have over 2500 pictures and over 2500 individuals that need their pic emailed to them. I have an Access database with a name, email address and a picture. Each name has a different image. How can I automatically send each person their picture through Outlook? I would like it to automatically populate a new email with the address and corresponding pic then have it be sent on its way while I am home sleeping. Can this be done? Is there a command that can run a VB script in Access to accomplish this? I thank you profusely in advance.

Scott

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

scottwallace, this takes a bit of VBA code and a free program called ClickYes like this
    http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/
    otherwise you would have to click yes to the Security question for all 2500 emails.
    Next are the photos in Access or are their Paths in Access?

3. scottwallace

The photos are in a windows folder. I was going to put the path in Access. Will the free version of Click-yes work for my application?

4. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

scott, yes the Clickyes program should work with your Outlook.

I have some VBA code that will put all of the Photo Paths in to Access for you, as well as the code to email the Customers.
    I can supply it if you give me the Name of the Table and Field it needs to go in.

5. scottwallace

That would be fantastic. I can't express my gratitude. I think I only need 2 fields. ImageName and EMail. Unless there is a way to insert the FirstName and LastName in there somewhere.

6. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Scott, are the Firstname and Last going to be in a Table?
    Are they part of the Photo File's name?

7. scottwallace

just in the table. They are not really needed. I thought it would be a nice personal touch if we could include their name in the salutation or something. It's not critical. The image name will be something like C:\IMTS\Img0068.jpg. Thanks.

8. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

As there is a lot of VBA involved I would suggest that you use the Database that i am going to Post as an Attachment as the basis of your database.

9. scottwallace

I can work with that. Thank you.

10. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Do you want the VBA code to update the table with what has been sent?

11. scottwallace

So it doesn't send duplicates you mean? That would be sweet.

12. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Scott, here is the database and an Excel Spreadsheet showing the VBA References you may need to set, you will certainly need to set a Reference to Microsoft Outlook 10 Object Library. Yours may not be Outlook 10 but some other number depending on which version of Office you are using.
    You will not need the Kodak ones though unless you use Kodak for your Photos.

Let me know when you have unzipped it and had a little play around with it.

Attached Files:

13. scottwallace

Thank you so much. I will let you know of my results. Thanks again.

14. Bapzzy

Bapzzy

How do I get those pictures if I failed to make it to the other booth to leave my card? Myself and 4 others at my company would like to see and download these pics of us next to the f-35 model. Please help!

15. Bapzzy

Bapzzy

Thanks in advance Scott!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/951415

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice