Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: ACCESS: Email pic from Access database

3K views 42 replies 3 participants last post by  scottwallace 
#1 ·
Hello All,
Our company had a photo booth with an F-35 fighter jet at a recent technology show. Individuals were allowed to have there pic taken in front of the aircraft with a pretty model. Now I have over 2500 pictures and over 2500 individuals that need their pic emailed to them. I have an Access database with a name, email address and a picture. Each name has a different image. How can I automatically send each person their picture through Outlook? I would like it to automatically populate a new email with the address and corresponding pic then have it be sent on its way while I am home sleeping. Can this be done? Is there a command that can run a VB script in Access to accomplish this? I thank you profusely in advance.

Scott

#4 ·
scott, yes the Clickyes program should work with your Outlook.

I have some VBA code that will put all of the Photo Paths in to Access for you, as well as the code to email the Customers.
I can supply it if you give me the Name of the Table and Field it needs to go in.

#12 ·
Scott, here is the database and an Excel Spreadsheet showing the VBA References you may need to set, you will certainly need to set a Reference to Microsoft Outlook 10 Object Library. Yours may not be Outlook 10 but some other number depending on which version of Office you are using.
You will not need the Kodak ones though unless you use Kodak for your Photos.

Let me know when you have unzipped it and had a little play around with it.

Attachments

#21 ·
I know what it is. According to Microsoft it's because “The File Search task pane and the FileSearch object have been removed from the 2007 Microsoft Office programs”. I moved everything to my PC that has 2003 and it should be OK now. I will let you know. I'm going to leave this unsolved until I make sure it works again. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.