1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Access Error "Overflow"

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by rconverse, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rconverse

rconverse Thread Starter

Run time error (6) Overflow.

I am receiving this error on a routine that I have been running for about three months now. Anyone have any idea what this is or why I am receiving it?

Thanks,
    Roger

2. rconverse

rconverse Thread Starter

3. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Make sure that you haven't got any division by zero errors.
    Have you checked the actual value that causes the error?

4. rconverse

rconverse Thread Starter

I couldn't tell if it was just one value or not. If I copy the sql to design view I just get the overflow error immediately. I then removed the calcs and the query would run. Then I started playing around to see if I could get the calculations to work.

I changed all values in the original table to doubles and set the "group by" total to expression. I have it working for now, so I hope that will suffice.

Thanks!
    Roger

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/669553

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice