Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Access Event to Update Forms

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  OBP 
#1 ·
I'm sure this is pretty simple but I can' seem to get it to work. Here's what I have....

Main Form is where the data entry occurs. really can't be used to search records

Form 1 - is a variation of Main form but is queried to return only certain criteria. IE... only pull records that are missing data.

Form 2 - allows searches of all records in the database.

Currently when I open a form they stay open, so they are not refreshing. So would it be better to somehow have each form close when I change forms or somehow do an event with requery? There are many fields that have to be updated from either just making a change to a record or adding a new record once all three forms are open.....

Any thoughts?

#3 ·
Probably not - but I am pretty new at building my own Access DB. I usually just go in and make minor adjustments to already completed Access DB's.

Since this is not going to be a big DB - I am going to leave the 3 forms and I added a macro to the button that changes reports to close the current report. So now they refresh when they open back up. Not sure if that will affect the speed of the report, but it seems to work good.

I asked about some good online classes or good books not to long ago,(I got some references for books but no classes) I still have to order some books, but I would like a class or two to learn more of what Access is capable of doing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.