Solved: Access Form not working properly having finally fitted a working (or is it) s

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

turbodante

This is a follow up to a previous thread to do with a side project I’ve been playing with.

On the MAIN form in the attached, scrolling through the records should go through all the players (as in the PLAYERS table) – yet this is not the case. I have six players, yet only four records appear. Can anyone see what I’m doing wrong with the form?

OBP, if you’re reading this :)D and assumption that you can't keep away from Access related threads I know): I’ve restructured your changes to the tables from before, so that only one stake amount is placed per week.

Attachments

OBP

Got me. :D You are using a Select statement for the Record Source of the Form Main instead of the Table or a simple query. Thsi restricts the list to only thos with a Stake.
If you change that SQL statement so that the Join between the Players and Stake tables says All records form the Players and only those from the Stake table you will get all players.

Got to go now.

turbodante

I can see the record source. It's set to

SELECT Players.ID, Stake.WeekID, Stake.PlayerID FROM Players INNER JOIN Stake ON Players.ID=Stake.PlayerID;

Yet I don't quite understand it - even on clicking the [...] to show the query builder, which is a little more my level - I'm still a little stumped, and can not figure how to do this bit >

If you change that SQL statement so that the Join between the Players and Stake tables says All records form the Players and only those from the Stake table you will get all players.

OBP

In the Query view after clicking the ... right click on the Join Line joining the Players and Stake Tables, it will give you 3 Options, select the one that roughly says
"All records form the Players and only those matching records from the Stake table"

turbodante

Amazing! Thanks OBP.

I'm certain that stuff/info/gold like that is not in any books around - not any that I've seen. Incidently, do you have any recommendations books/sites to improve ones way round this mysterious application? Thanks again.

OBP

These are the 3 that I used

Access Books
the Access VBA bible by Prague and Irwin
"Beginning Access 2000 VBA"
by Robert Smith & David Sussman
(ISBN 0-7645-4383-0)

Microsoft Access 2000 Bible
> by Cary N Prague and Michael R Irwin
> ISBN0-7645-3404-1
> Published by IDG Books.
>
> Mastering Access 2000
> by Alan Simpson and Celeste Robinson
> ISBN 0-7821-2326-0
> Published by Sybex

They come with one or more CDs with examples on.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online