1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Access forms - checkbox control formatting

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by FarmerGuy, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FarmerGuy

FarmerGuy Thread Starter

Hi,

I'm trying to format checkboxes (and textboxes and combo boxes - both of which I can do), in an Access 2013 form, so that they are effectively highlighted when they receive the focus.

Text and combo boxes are easy beacuse I can just change the .backcolor format, which is what I want but checkboxes don't have that property, what can I do to get the same effect with them (not that changing any of the colour properties seems to actually make any difference)?

Many thanks,

Richard

2. OBP

OBP

As you have found you can't manipulate it directly.
    So you could manipulate it's Label or you could do the following.
    Reduce the Check Box's Border so that it just surrounds the check box.
    Add a Rectangle around the checkbox, send it to the back.
    Using VBA change the colour of the rectangle's background when the checkbox is clicked or gets focus.

3. FarmerGuy

FarmerGuy Thread Starter

Thanks very much OBP - that will do the trick! (Can't really see why MS themselves don't just provide the ability to control such properties directly though - maybe with 2016...)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147551

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice