1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Access internal Computer setup as FTP Server

Discussion in 'Networking' started by bluem, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluem

bluem Thread Starter

My company is using a Linksys RV016 as our firewall router. We have 3 DSL lines and 1 T1 line connected to the router into DMZ port 1 to 4 as follow:
    DMZ 1 - DSL 1 with ip address 60.xx.xxx.xx
    DMZ 2 - DSL 2 with ip address 90.xx.xxx.xx
    DMZ 3 - DSL 3 with ip address 80.xx.xxx.xx
    DMZ 4 - T1 line with ip address 30.xx.xxx.61 ( we get 5 IP address 30.xx.xxx.61 to 30.xx.xxx.65)

All four lines are working properly with no problems.. With our T1 we get 5 IP address so the first was assigned to DMZ 4. So on the System Summary page on the router I see LAN IP and WAN1 throught WAN4 based on the assignment above.

Recently I setup an INTERNAL FTP Server with company internal ip address which I am able to access when I am on the company domain....but I cannot access from outside. After some research I found that from outside computers I am not able to access the FTP server because I need to use a WAN ip address to access the FTP server...I logged into Router and locked the FTP server internal ip address to the WAN4 port and I enabled all port 21 traffic as well...after performing this step I was able to access the FTP Server from outside (my home computer) using FTP Server....However, when I opened web page whatismyipaddress.com on the FTP Server it told me that it is dedicated as a sharing server which I don't want to be flagged since this is ip address for WAN4.

Since I get 5 IP addresses with the T1 line is it possible to configure the Linksys RV016 router to have a second IP address from T1 pool such as 30.xx.xxx.62 so that I can use as the external ip address for users to access our FTP Server?

Thanks,

B

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/817852

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice