1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Access (Make Table) Query Results Returned not Same as Table

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by chudok01, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chudok01

chudok01 Thread Starter

I have a Make Table query that when I run it and view the table in the query it shows only the data I want. But when I go and open the table that theis query made, there are entries that should not be there.

It is putting in rows with blank fields, I am not sure how to stop it. I have tired to put something in the query for that field but I get back the error "Invalid Use of Null"

If I could put in the criteria that worked I would be all set.

Any ideas?

2. OBP

OBP

What information IS in the blank records?
    Has it created an Autonumber key field?
    Does this also mean that the origianl table has Blank Records?
    Why are you copying data from one table to another, as duplicated data is not what Relational Databases are supposed to be about?

3. chudok01

chudok01 Thread Starter

The information is the Item #'s.
    NO auto number key field
    the original Union query does not have blank records
    Maybe I am misunderstanding how this should work.... I have a Union Query. I tried to make a report with this query but it is not available. I read that I need to query my Union query...... So i figured I would make a table from my query that queried my Union query. I guess I can just change my Make Table query to a Select Query and use that for reports.

My goal of this was to grab union 3 tables so I can put the data into some reports..... Maybe I'm going about this all wrong.....

4. OBP

OBP

I am not sure if you require a Union Query without seeing the data structure. But it could be you just need a Select query with the tables in it. You may also be better using a report & subreport.

5. chudok01

chudok01 Thread Starter

Thanks I'll look into using the select query instead.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/967071

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice