1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: ACCESS: Network access interrupted?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by draceplace, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. draceplace

draceplace Thread Starter

This message is popping up to access users around the network.

"Your network access was interrupted, to continue close the database and then open it again."

I suspect there was a server upgrade over the week end. When I google the answers are all over the board on whether its server or local machine related. Has anyone had any issue with Access after server upgrades?

2. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

Have seen this happen where the networked backend location is changed. Meaning, normally located on network share P: , but today that share is connected on Q:
    Coding to specific location like \\server\full\file\path\location has resolved most of this error due to drive letter changes I have seen. Hope this helps.

3. draceplace

draceplace Thread Starter

Thanks, 20_2_Many, I'm hoping someone inadvertally moved a network share after people opened the db, BEs did have UNC path as opposed to drive letter, but if the directory moved it would cause this.

I got concerned when I first googled the problem seeing that 2008 network servers had some setting that was dropping the connections for access after an inactivity period, and that setting had to be changed...Those post were a year old.

The issue seems to be taking care of itself. I'll marked solved shortly if users stay quit.

4. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

I had forgotten that setting change! Thanks for the reminder! So many times people will do a reset or restore, or even an innocuous change and never consider the downstream complications. Hope all is good on your end now.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088167

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice