1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Access: Number formatting in combo boxes

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by FarmerGuy, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FarmerGuy

FarmerGuy Thread Starter

Hi,

I'm using Access 2010 and struggling to get the numbers in a combo box to display in the right format:
    The source table holds a series of numbers (years) in the Double, fixed, 0 decimal places format and displays them correctly, 2010,2011 etc. When I use this table as the source for a combo box lookup in a form the numbers are also stored correctly but when i click on the combo box to choose a number they are all displayed as 2010.00, 2011.00 etc.

I can't see any way of removing those decimal places in the drop-down list displayed but there must surely be some really easy/obvious thing that I am overlooking - can anyone help? Thanks.

Richard

2. OBP

OBP

I would set the Field type in the table to "Long Integer", which is only whole numbers with no decimal places at all.

3. FarmerGuy

FarmerGuy Thread Starter

Hi OBP,

Thanks for the suggestion, that alone didn't work (though I am sure was sound advice) but when i changed the Format option from Fixed to General Number the problem was solved :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028095

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice