1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Access Permission Denied When Attempting to Load Software

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by dickrichards, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dickrichards

dickrichards Thread Starter

When trying to run Announcements 5.0 I received the following message:

"This application has failed to start because LEAD51N.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

While trying to re-install the program I received this message:

"C: \Windows\SYSTEM 32\CONFIG.NT. Error Code 0x0. You do not have sufficient privilege to access this file. See your system administrator. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application."

My setup:
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+, x64 Family 15 Model 107 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 1981 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE, 64 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 294963 MB, Free - 62506 MB; D: Total - 10239 MB, Free - 6403 MB; J: Total - 953634 MB, Free - 934837 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc, 0YY821, A00, ..CN7082174QF034.
    Antivirus: ThreatFire, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Please help. Thanks. . .

2. DCM1519

DCM1519

After fighting with this problem for months, I accidently found a utility that solved it. It was found with a google search. It has worked well for several weeks and I no longer have that problem.

A few days ago, I posted a link to this and titled it "useful utility". It is located at the bottom of this page at this time but will probably move down over the next few days.

3. dickrichards

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but I have been out of town. But, where is the link to the program you mentioned?
    Dick

4. DCM1519

DCM1519

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

Try copying the 2 attached files to the system32 folder (after unzipping). If it asks if you want to overwrite, answer "yes".

Did you use some sort of "cleanup" program on your machine?

Attached Files:

6. DCM1519

DCM1519

When I unzipped the downloaded program, it created two files.

One was "install take ownership.reg" and when I click it, installs the changes needed in the registry.

After that, right clicking on the selected item and then selecting "take ownership" will cause it to start changing ownership on the file or folder you selected.

7. dickrichards

Thanks again. I downloded the files you indicated and then saw another reply right after yours. It looked a little less complicated, so I tried it first and it worked.
    Regards,
    Dick

8. dickrichards

Thank you, Elvandil
    I followed your instructions and everything works "good - like it should" (incorrect grammar but my point is made).
    Thanks again,
    Dick

9. Elvandil

Elvandil

No problem. I thought maybe those would do it, but there could have been more.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!