1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Access Query using tables more than once in same query

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by chudok01, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chudok01

chudok01 Thread Starter

I have a previously designed Access DB and there is a query that I am trying to understand. It has several tables that are queried more than once in a single query. First how do I determine the actual table name? I can only see the alias name. Also what is the purpose of using the same table twice in a query?

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

It is normally to do calculations or comparisons on prior or next records. It is the one weekness of Access Queries, the Totals function has some good arithmetic calculations like average, Count Sum etc but manipulating previous records like add or subtract values from the current record it can't do. So it requires more advanced SQl. Which is apperas you have.
    Have you looked at the query in SQL view?
    It should use the word "As" to designate the alias.

3. chudok01

chudok01 Thread Starter

Got it! Thanks!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970942