Solved: Access Report - Dates

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Slimboy Fat

Using Office XP

Hi,

I have a report that runs on a query. This asks for a date to be entered then the report lists all records that match.
On the report the date entered is shown but as the date is entered in the "dd/mm/yy" format this is how it is shown.
Is there a way that the report shows the full Day and Date eg. Thursday, 01 October 2009.

TIA
SBF

OBP

Hi SBF, yes you can do this with the field format of Long Date.

Slimboy Fat

Hi OBP,

I did try this without success so I have gone through the possibilities...

The Table shows the field as Date / Time with the Format set to Short Date.
The Form is set to Short Date (this was blank but changing it hasn't made any difference)
The Report is set to Long Date
Control Panel has the Long Date setting as dddd dd MMMM yyyy (Thursday 01 October 2009)

When the report is run it is still showing the Date as the Short Date (01/10/09).

???

TIA

OBP

Try setting the table field as long date as well.
If we can't get the format to work we can use a separate Column in the query to format it and then use that in the report.
If that doesn't work we can try Formatting it using VBA.

Slimboy Fat

OK,

Thanks for your help. In the end it was my fault Doh!!!

The report was not displaying the field but what was typed in the "Input Box".
When the report was run it would ask you to enter a date due to the Query Wizard using the [: Date] code. The report was then displaying [: Date]. Switch it to display the Date field and all worked fine.

Does that make sense or was I rambling :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online