1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Access report...elusive code!?!!

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Erm, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Erm

Erm Thread Starter

Attached is a simple database which involves rather complicated reporting and searching! I have a search form (displayed by clicking Produce Key Dates Report on the Main Menu), specifying a start and end date and either a Fee Earner or Office and clicking Search, should run a macro and produce a report (rptKeyDatesReport). The report is based on qryCaseDetails and this incorporates qrySearch.

The problem is that when I click Search I get a data entry box requesting the start date and then the end date...suggesting I have [Enter start date] and [Enter end date] somewhere in the queries. As it should just take the dates from the Search form. I have searched high and low for the elusive code to no avail! Please help.

The attachment was zipped using zip central.

Attached Files:

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Hi Debs, I thought we had this one working quite well. I will take a look.
    You are opening the correct Report?

3. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Debs, the problem is the Other Important date SubReport on your Report. It uses the Query called qryLimitationDates for it's data source which has the old Input Dates method.
    It is odd because the actual stand alone Subreport uses the QueryqryPrintFilteredOther as it's data source.

4. Erm

Erm Thread Starter

Sorry for the delay, I've been unwell. Ah ha! Right sorted that one and I have now creteted several subreports with different data sources for different purposes.

Still not getting data on the report produced through the Search Form though...Any ideas? New version is attached.

Attached Files:

5. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Debs, which report in particular?

6. Erm

Erm Thread Starter

When you click on Produce Key Dates Report from the main menu and specifiy an office and a date range.

7. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

OK, before I look at this one thing that you have to check is that where you have more than one Table in your Search Query that you want to find data on is that the data actually exists in all the Tables that are linked in the query.
    For instance if you have 3 tables linked then the required data linking them must be in all 3 tables, even though you may only be searching 2 tables.

8. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Debs, the File Numbers in the Case Details and the Other dates Tables do not match.

9. Erm

Erm Thread Starter

Apologies...lost internet at home...will look into this?! Thanks!

10. Erm

Erm Thread Starter

ok sorted the numbers...but what do i do if they have court dates and not other dates or vice versa...both tables will not always be populated...how can i resolve this without a default 'none' record?

11. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Have you tried it with No records in the table to find out what happens?

12. Erm

Erm Thread Starter

Yes, I get a blank report when trying to produce the key dates report. No information pulls through at all?!

13. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Can you post the latest version with corrected case numbers in the respective tables please?

14. Erm

Erm Thread Starter

Been off this task for a while...wish I could ditch it all together! Anyways...apologies for being so rude and not keeping you informed OBP, your help is much appreciated!

So the issue is...I have a report that uses info from the 3 tables, which is printed without data if either of the tables are blank...but on most departments only use other dates or court dates...rarely both. What are my options to get around this?

I have attached the database...but it has minimal test data.

Attached Files:

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/589896

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice