Solved: ACCESS report error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mva

I'm using ACCESS 2003 and I created a query named 'Key Measures - BESOS' with the criteria set for [Date] as a parameter ('Between [start] And [end]') and it works fine; however, when i run the report based on that query i get an error (#Error)message in all my fields. The report looks at the sum of cases that meet my criteria in several fields. for example, i need to know the sum of cases that are outreach (1) and have the following formula: '=(DSum("[outreach"],"Key Meaures - BESOS","1")*-1).

All the formulas used to work perfectly before I set the criteria in the [Date] field in the query. Why is it that my query is running fine, but the report isn't? I've checked the Record Source and it is OK. I don't know if this is relevant, but the fileds are in the Report Header section to avoid getting 50 pages with the same info. Again, everything used to work fine until the date criteria thing and i didn't change anything else.
:eek::eek::eek:
please help me, i'm about to quit my job

OBP

Do you have any back-up copies?
If you delete the Criteria does the Report work OK?
If you only want Sums why not use the Query in "Group" (Totals) mode?

mva

I do have a back up copy, but it won't let me attach it here. Yes, the report works if i delete the [Date] criteria.

I did try the "group" mode, but for some reason I wasn't getting what i wanted. It kept giving me the overall total of cases instead of only those that met the criteria i wanted.

thanks for the reply btw :)

OBP

Ok, try putting the Criteria in a simple Select query (like the report one) and then Create a new Query based on that select query and apply the totals and "Grouping" to the new query.
So you select the records that you want first and then Group and sum them.

You have to zip Access databases to post them on here, but they must not contain any Personal data.
If you are rally stuck you can send it to me to look at.

mva

Dear OBP, IT WORKED!!!! I did exactly as you mentioned and created a simple query and then the total query. thank you SO much... thanks to you i haven't quit my job ;). Sorry it took me so long to mark as this as solved, but i went out on vacation right after i solved this problem.

thanks again!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online